Saturday, August 29, 2009

Starting a Fiber Blog

Well, I've been reading several fiber blogs for awhile now and found them pretty helpful, so I thought I'd start one of my own. I will probably also drop in tidbits about life here at Kilmurry House in rural Ireland, the barn cats, my husband, Astaru, etc...but I suspect the main focus will be on weaving, spinning, knitting etc. I've tried blogging before, of a less focused kind, but found that to be a bit hard to keep up. Sort of like being a columnist without a pay check. I figure I can do that here if the issue get serious enough but I don't have to come up with something witty everyday. Just chat about my latest projects with others.

I can also plug great sites like weavolution http://www.weavolution.com/node/937 Which is a forum for handweavers. Since I'm also in the SCA and interested in survival stuff, I suspect there may be a certain amount of side information on history and making stuff from scratch. I also love to cook so I may through in the occasional recipe etc. Living in a rural area of Ireland, as an ex-pat American it can be interesting to try making things like tamales from scratch, or going in search of a washing machine large enough to hold more than a couple of tea towels.

But for now, my goal is just to keep up with what I'm up to fiber wise. Right now that means finishing a wool blanket on the Baby Wolf loom, some tablet weaving (which I sell via www.vikingladytraders.com) and continuing to wash out fleeces. Hopefully, more detail to follow on this and other projects during the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment